Personal Fitness Merit Badge Workshop
Boy Scouts, Varsity Scouts & Venture Scouts (who qualify)
- Complete sections 2-7 of the Personal Fitness Merit Badge workbook
- Complete the initial fitness assessment (1-mile run, sit & reach, and 60-second push-up test)
- Design a 12-week personal workout program
- End with games of Human Foosball for a fun workout & team building activity!
In order to complete the badge, participants will need to schedule a re-assessment after a minimum of 12-weeks and complete sections 1,8 and 9. A counselor may sign off on the badge work pending fitness improvements are demonstrated. Re-assessments are offered through G.A.H.F. (but not required to be completed through G.A.H.F.). *Dress for inside and outside, wear tennis shoes, bring a water bottle and a snack.
This workshop can be scheduled on Saturdays from 9am-1pm (with the exception of Dec, Jan, Feb or July). The cost is $400 for 8-16 participants. Contact Sherri for more information or to schedule at 314-882-6191 / GreatAmericanHumanFoosball@gmail.com. Please note that set dates which allow Scouts to register as an individual is not currently being offered.
Group re-assessments can be scheduled for $80 (8-16 participants) no less than 12-weeks after the workshop. Please note that re-assessments do not have to be conducted through us.
Friday, November 10th 4:00pm-5:00pm (for Scouts that took the workshop prior to 8.15.17) *This is the last date until further notice.
The re-assessment is required to complete the badge and can be scheduled no less than 12 weeks after the initial assessment. We offer re-assessments to Scouts that have completed the workshop with us. However, Scouts that completed the workshop with us are not required to re-assess with us. *Dress for inside and outside, wear tennis shoes, and bring a water bottle.
- Come prepared with sections 1, 8 and 9 of the workbook completed
- Complete the 1-mile run, sit & reach, and 60-second push-up test
- Demonstrate an understanding of personal fitness & show physical improvements on the assessment
- Regardless of what the boys hand writing looks like, we highly encourage parents to resist the urge to write for them.